Friday, May 25, 2007

Do you knit anything other than socks?








These socks were one of "those" projects. I cast them on in about the week after my Grandmother passed away - November last year. My Aunt was just such a great support I thought she deserved a nice pair of cashmere socks. So I cast these on. The yarn is from The Knittery. I cast them on on bamboo needles to see what they were like to knit with. Hideous as it turns out - my hands hurt so much that this became the least appealling project on the go and trust me I have a lot of projects on the go. And so .. I am sad to say that I only finished these last week. Now I got my camera up and going again, I can wrap these up and get them off to her in time for the cold weather.

They are quite tightly knit so I must admit to being a bit nervous about the sizing. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: